James E. Newby, II MD CDE
Dr. Newby received his undergraduate degree from Hampton Institute, class of 1978. He completed medical school at Eastern Virginia Medical School in 1981, then completed his residency at Howard University Hospital in 1984. Dr. Newby is Board Certified in Family Practice since 1984, then has been re-certified in 2011 through 2021. He further added to his credentials by becoming a certified diabetic educator in Dec 2013 and co-authored the book I Have Diabetes. Now What?
Dr. Newby is currently co-chair of the Sentara Quality Care Network in the Southside region of Virginia and has been the former president of the Medical Staff of Norfolk Community Hospital, the former president of the Norfolk Medical Society and the former Chairman of the Department of Medicine of Norfolk Community Hospital.
- Hampton Institute - Undergraduate Class of 1978
- Eastern Virginia Medical School - Medical School Class of 1981
- Howard University Hospital - Residency Family Medicine 1981-1984
- American Board of Family Medicine
- VA State Medical License 1984 - 2021
- MD State Medical License 1982 - 1985
- Sentara Norfolk General Hospital - Norfolk, Virginia
Back to top